Subject: RE: [humanmarkup] food for thought

Well I could use a simpleTypes example and do the
usual "this is one of those but a little different".
BTW http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/08/22/easyschema.html
is a good article schema types.

Anyway, I used that example because it is the one
you had in your example and I don't want to introduce
complexity at this point, simply to say the tools
can do it but be sure to know that this kind of
assertion is a "statement of fact of opinion", not a
slam dunk "always gets the same result every time".
In fact, if music did the same thing for everyone
every time, it would be a boring medium, sort of
like most web pages. :-)  Some people don't realize
that the author of "I'd Like To Teach The World
to Sing in PERFECT Harmony" was J. Goebbels. (No, but
the point is, it is prophecy or exhortation or entertainment
until you make it a rule and enforce it, then it is
governance:  Thee SHALL PolkadotCom!).

The rest is so.  We will have to be very explicit
that trust, digital sigs and all have to be
considered, but in a way, that is true of most
anything so I'm not sure what we have to do for
the next month or so.  The ideas for trust in
distributed systems predate TimBL by a very
long time.  I can't remember but it was probably
the TQM systems where I ran into that first and
god knows where before that.

Stable cooperating systems (contract-configurable) depend on it because
otherwise all the energy dissipates in verification pass.
The way we used to put it was

"The thing to remember about Machiavelli is, He Was Fired."

Maybe out of scope for now.....

The "Building a Better Golem"
paper is supposed to come out in the next
MIT Markup Technologies mag, so I won't distribute
here but everyone can be sure that we've been
doing rounds over the "we aren't the world rulers"
topics.  We are hopefully building toolkits then
it is up to the marketeers and other napoleons
to see if they rule the world.  I keep Gandhi's
admonition in mind: "they always fall.  Always."

Again, think about a system where at some point
you think you or someone else might be confused
and you can use HumanML as a way to find out where
and what is the expected remedy.  No free lunch;
just salami that doesn't kill you with food poisoning.

I'm listening to my midis for pop songs I recorded
from the JV1080 (it was onsale cheap) that I will use
as backing tracks at my gigs.   I like guitar kareoke;
it pays, the band is perfect, and I don't have to share
the stage with other psychoTropes.  Ahhh... here comes
the "Won't Get Fooled Again" midi followed by the them
from Titanic.  Nice contrast that....

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.