Subject: Brass Tacks #2

Okay, Brass Tacks #1 dealt with Applications masguerading as domains
from Kurt Cagle's original "Reservations." I mentioned only one--the
biggie, in my opinion. In my original bailout reply, I just said we
had too many domains, and we do, as I alluded to by saying that any
human endeavor was subject to a HumanML Application in some
imaginable way shape or form.

In Brass Tacks #2, I want focus on the fact that we are here to
create a markup language, not describe human behavior, psychology,
cultural frameworks or traits. Those things will be described and
developed by those who use HumanML. This is very important to
understand as we go into our first full week of public discussions.
We're toolmakers here. It is very easy to lose sight of this. I know,
I did it a lot in phase 0. It was very humbling. Part of the reason
for that is that we have had to study, study, study, study..... as
Len has pointed out.

I got in there amongst the trees and completely forgot there even was
a forest somewhere.

Have no fear,Len or  Manos or Sean will keep bringing us back to what
we are really doing. Perhaps we can put together something along the
lines of what Kurt called Repositories, but that I will call
Reference Libraries, but that is for later. How to organize it is
more than I can work on now.

Suffice it to say that it is very easy to get caught up in this
exercise and lose sight of the fact that we are not making
applications, we are making applications possible.

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
Tel: 510-849-2309
Fax: By Request