Subject: Taxonomies, URN's etc..

I have been catching up on the emails that have been sent to the group and continually trying grasp firm idea of what we are trying to do.

I was a little confused by some parts (glad i've got my thesaurus here) and some parts really caught my attention. The taxonomy area is where i have decided to try to think about first. One post suggested that HumanML would be an improvement on technologies such as Passport and others suggested Music (i know it was just an example).

What got me was the following two points (initially):

1. Beyond human characteristics and social factors etc..., are we also looking at data that build what we regard as personalization on the web today? I.e. Like Passport or DigitalME etc?? If this is true then i missed this part. I read some stuff like it in the taxnonomy section on the web, so more clarification would be good. This is an exciting part for me if in scope !

2. To what extent has it been detrmined that we will classify domains and taxnonomies? I personally think getting the domains to a satisfactory range would be a great start as taxonomy is a heck of a lot of work; and i belive the it would have to be fully extensible anyway.

I read some stuff about URI's and URN's - in the context of HumanML and in the way i think they mean i thkn we wuld use both. I think URI's will be good for web type resources or information stores, but when you start considering human characterisrtics, URN's I woudl se as useful ??

Anyway, i spent a while reading, so i may have missed the boat somewhere and correct me where necessary.

Off to sleep now |)
Thanks,
Steven