Subject: RE: Relationships, context WAS: (SWAG: Re: & kindaLike that too)AND(RE: &)

synonymTo just states that :x has the same meaning with :y. It has
nothing to do with math (the way I see it) and makes no assumptions on
the... um... resource datatype? (ok I'm kindaLike loosing it).

*If* I understand you correctly though (sometimes English and math seems
Greek to me ;-) it could work the way you point out, but I still see it
like a side effect, as the association does not become established
directly (meaning mathematical) but semantically. Now, if we see
synonymTo as a kind of equality, then it is an equality that doesn't
exist; instead we just tell an application to treat x AS IF it where
equal to y.

I don't know if I have answered your question. Maybe you could provide
an example or two?

Kindest regards,

Manos