Subject: Divide and conquer

Hello Everyone,

Much attention has been drawn to the myriad applications for HumanMarkup and it's associated specifications and technologies. Considering the nearly inexhaustible scope for HumanMarkup endeavors I would like to propose that somehow within the OASIS TC process we develop a subcommittee/process/steering group/workflow management/etc that can refine the process for determining research efforts for various HumanMarkup applications.

Problems associated with the possible scope had been addressed in prior discussions on the Yahoo! HumanMarkup group and I doubt anyone would disagree that at this stage, prior to the first meeting of the Technical Committee, we should perhaps consider, and I am certain, debate, the structures for subcommittees, steering groups, and other various entities that can manage reasonable chunks of research areas for HumanMarkup. I guess this is not such an exciting issue, but management of workflow and research, while helpfully manageable under OASIS structure and guidelines, still needs tending to regarding the specific needs of HumanMarkup.