Subject: HM.applications-Translations

As a way to stimulate this topic area, I'm going to suggest that one
specific particular application that HumanML needs to consider as
essential, besides profiling. I am also going to suggest that we use
real-world examples to demonstrate similar applications or ideas for
applications.

Translations: We already have Language-Language, what we need is
Culture/Language-Culture/Language.

Example: The IBM Commerical with a young girl
(AmericanEnglish-speaking) answering her father's home-business
phone, taking automatically translated information from a group of
businessmen in a meeting in a Non-English-Speaking Country. This is
an e-business Ad, and it accurately shows only factual information
being translated--a shipment lost, replacement requested, discount
requested.

How should cultural modules be structured to accomplish this for
situations involving the kind of contextual information and
cross-cultural translations we have posited?

As for Profiling, which has had its share of discussion, (but hasn't
actually been added to this list yet). I will add it when I come
across a similar example, if no one else formally starts an HM,
applications thread for that, I will when I get around to it,
although I am not likely to forget it--having used it as the basis
for a UML Behavioral Model for HumanML.)

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
Tel: 510-849-2309
Fax: By Request