Subject: Re: HM.interactions: initial questions

Manos Batsis wrote:
> My point is, let's try to get away from rendering and towards
> knowledge-centric (with the human as a context of course).

I think that when we discuss rendering, it is from the point of view
that we are seeking users of HumanML. Defining context, environment for
the architecture. That's why implementations are interesting to discuss,
they provide focus. Implementations need a touch of reality, MMTT
discussions need not. In fact MMTT doesn't even require that you know
what you are talking about, it just needs yet another level of
abstraction.

Very early on in the discussion we tried the knowledge centric approach.
This was only natural because a lot of us came from VRML and had (still
have) a clear vision on how to use this. But at that time ppl needed
more abstract discussions, what the heck, even I asked for it. But
perhaps the time is right now, maybe we should step back from the meta
and start discussing the data instead. Getting down to what enhancing
communication is really about. Maybe even implement something. Maybe
even render it...

Cheers,
/Niclas
--
Niclas Olofsson - http://www.ismobile.com
Product Development, isMobile, Aurorum 2, S-977 75 Luleå, Sweden