Subject: Fw: HM.applications-Profiling-Level of Details/Abstraction

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga" <rkthunga@humanmarkup.org>
To: "Rex Brooks" <rexb@starbourne.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 2:18 PM

> > A quickie: We've already had quite a bit of work done here on
> > Profiling, and since that thread is fairly easy to get hold of for
> > our core topics purposes, I won't start from scratch on it.
> >
> > So, given what we have already said, and given that we have an actual
> > functional beginning in the Schema Toolkit, I would like to see what
> > folks think about establishing Levels of Details or Abstraction for
> > Human Object Profiles.
>
> > How do we provide for this in a sensible way. Be aware that this is
> > fraught with pitfalls.

 I do think that there would be infinite levels of detail (reductionist) or
abstraction (holistic) ways of combining different types of information in
different ways inherent in the schema design.  Of course, a police profile
would be different from a psychotherapist's profile, different from a
certain religious order's profile--different sets of often the same Human
modules, all along.  This corresponds, if I am interpreting the thread
properly, to the development of our 'human frameworks'

As for XML Schema implementation, a series of Import/Include statements
seems to beappropriate.  RDDL was brought up in Phase 0 as a means to bring
or constrain different sets of schemas using a smarter mechanism of creating
frameworks.  Each framework would in a sense be a 'high level schema'
(buddhist, optometrist, pop_culture, etc) and could bring with it not only
it's own elements, but its own level of detail AND breath of abstractions,
corresponding to that particular framework (HM.frameworks--document
currently under review).

I am not able to dedicate much time to the technical aspects of HumanMarkup
discussion until next week, but I believe, if I am interpreting this thread
properly, this concept dovetails with that of the 'human frameworks'.

Certainly post additional ideas on this.
------
 Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga