Subject: Re: HM.applications-Profiling-Level of Details/Abstraction

----- Original Message -----
From: Bullard, Claude L (Len)

> -  If object is this.object and goal is this.goal; use this.action.
>
> This requires the system (eg, the Human object) to identify
> the meaningful attributes.
>
> SELECT objects WHERE object is-a objectType AND has-name (property =
> somevalue)
>
> The facts may be episodic (was started) instead of categorical
> (is-a object).
>
> It may need chains of facts between the example task and the example action,
>
> to make features of the action meaningful.  What identifies the correct
> action/control in a set (the item selection problem)?
>
> Scenario:  a human unfamiliar with a car's controls wants to
> cool the car.
>
> Goal is "cold"
>
> Given
>
> Episodic fact:  (this.action(push red button) -> this.state(heater.On) ->
> Result = "hot" )
> Context fact:   (blue = "cold")
>
> Learns:
>
> - rules for learning
>   (this.action (this.object(controls) -> this.state(system.on))
> - rules for specific results
>   (this.action (push blue button) -> this.state (airConditioner.on) ->
> Result="cold")
>
> and these become part of the knowledge base.
>
> Sean, how would RDF represent this?  Then we should inquire as to how a
> human object uses the knowledge base.
>
> Len

Hi All,

To me, this form of explaining situations that then can be written into a RDF are very helpful
in understanding HumanML discussion. Something that jumps out at me is the association
of ideas with respect to other forms of data that can also be associated with (I guess here)
the first idea, or topic. So if there is going to be a RDF that attaches associations of a
primary object to specified sub-objects, (secondary objects), then how will (a smart glue)
associate beyond a RDF description of an associative primary object. Especially when
secondary objects have associative properties that relate to secondary objects in other
primary objects. In my own opinion it is the presence of context that some how establishes
the characteristics of a magic glue for this kind of purpose.

So far I have learned that an application using the RDF will establish its own rule base given
that the RDF is loosely floating somehow in a gravity free environment, where objects obtain
connective properties by the application's task oriented interface to either machine or
human need.

Please be patient with me here. I just woke from one dream where I saw a connectivity of
information as a linking mechanism. I'm now trying to contemplate the existence of a magic
glue. If you get what I'm saying here, can you explain magic glue to me.

For instance from the above example ["red" - turns on the heater] secondarily relates to
["blue" - turns on the car's cooler] with both being part of the car's dashboard apparatus.
Now all are part of the properties of a car, where "red" is also a indicator light that both
verifies that the heater is on and an indicator light, from the idiot light group, of the
instrument panel, of the dashboard, that reports that the engine is seizing up as a result
of the oil falling out of the car's engine. It seams that meaningfulness expressed in RDF
form will need some form of AI to determine its associative connection to the request
being made to it. In other words, a magic glue.

Best regards,

Mark Brownell