Subject: HumanMarkup TC - lessons

Thanks for the personal emails and postings yesterday.  Four things we must do, as I've gathered from us all...

   1) Focus on clarifying organizational structure and task structure by the first meeting on September 17th, 2001.
       This is critical for the continuation of HumanMarkup.

   2) Encourage non-technical experts, and provide a clear and easy means for their contribution.

   3) Be clear about the idealism, realizing as Rex mentioned this is also _the_ most pragmatic course, painfully clear today.

   4) Ensure we are working in the RIGHT direction, continuing to learn from the mistakes of the past.

Some say that all calamities are, more than anything, are an opportunity to express our true humanity.  Incidents like this make us rethink our priorities, our infrastructure, and what we're all living and working for anyway.

We are fully making transparent the human genome, the laws of physics and mathematics, our body's physiology, the structure of our brain, the stars in the sky, but not yet the myriad of human expressions and interaction.  Paul:  I've gotten a chance to briefly survey your paper, and your work certainly your project bears relevance.  There are various issues of implementation that we could talk about further, which lie outside the scope of the project's next steps, but very interesting how such systems can be built using various HumanMarkup sets.

The context, antecedents and consequences, especially of social discourse, have to be explored and worth detailing in an _open non-proprietary_ fashion.  Hate, harbored and _hidden_ by what could turn out to be one or a handful of "pocket-knife weilding" individuals, has brought the most powerful country in the world to its knees.  All the military might and force, money, beauty, innocence, trust, intelligence, and proximity we enjoyed provided absolutely worthless protection.

From my own spiritual understanding, it is balanced and heightened awareness _alone_ that is sufficient can bring out our genuine human goodness in all of us.  Certainly not easy, especially in bringing such systems to those violently against such things, on both sides.  Nonetheless, all other proposed solutions thus far are _absolutely_ impotent.

Yes, there must be willingness for peace--and really there is in a sense.  Both us AND terrorists _tuly_believe God is on our side.  Unlike the movies, no one really deliberately kills thousands of innocents simply for greed, money, or fame.  People kill masses out of misguided spiritual venting, and out of retaliation for their OWN loved ones lost.   A cycle that, if mapped out and made completely transparent to _all_--could start to finally dissolve.

Nonetheless, after all is said in done, we must focus on the steps in front of us...

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga