Subject: Re: A new intelligence paradigm

We will be sending each eligible new and founding member an official
notice of the meeting when we have the conference call telephone
number, which is being arranged right now on the East Coast in the
Washington DC general area, which, as you may imagine, has its own
difficulties. The Date is set, and the time has been set also, as
4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, which, I believe is, unfortunately, 12:00
GMT, but this is also, I believe, a scheduling necessity for OASIS,
though in any event, I believe it is set. As TC Secretary,  I wanted
to hold off on an official announcement until the telephone number is
known.

For those of you who have not joined OASIS or work for a company that
is not an OASIS member, you are ineligible. We announced the
membership requirements and the deadline for requesting TC
membership, Sept. 2, 2001. That was  for sending an official request
for HumanMarkup TC membership to Ranjeeth, the TC Chair, which was 15
days before the first scheduled meeting, next Monday, Sept. 17, 2001.

For those who may wish to join now, these are the OASIS requirements:
_____________________________________
(e). TC Membership.

                           A PEOTCP

( "Person Eligible for OASIS Technical Committee Participation"
("PEOTCP") means one of a class of  individuals that includes persons
holding individual memberships in the corporation, employees of
organizational members of the corporation, members of organizations
to which OASIS has extended the benefits of joint membership, and
such other persons as may be designated by the board of directors.)

shall become a prospective member of an existing TC by sending by
mail notice of intention to participate to  the chair of the TC.
Prospective membership shall begin seven days after this notice is
received. A prospective member  may attend face-to-face meetings as
an observer. A prospective member may attend phone meetings as an
observer at the discretion of the chair.

                           A prospective member of a TC shall become a
voting member of the TC immediately following the close of the third
TC  meeting held during the period of prospective membership or after
60 days have elapsed following formal application to  join the TC,
whichever comes first.

                           The transference of an individual OASIS
membership shall not automatically confer TC membership upon the
transferee.  Persons who lose PEOTCP status for reasons including,
but not limited to, change of employment, shall have a further 15
days of TC membership in which to request a leave of absence or
re-establish eligibility.

That means you are not eligible now to attend the first meeting as an
observer, even with Ranjeeth's permission, because you have to serve
seven (7) days waiting after your notice to him is received before
you become a Prospective Member.

Remember, we didn't schedule yesterday's events, nor did we aim to
have America's Labor Day Holiday fall right in the middle of our
deadline, but those are the facts, folks. You can still join, you
just can't attend the first meeting unless you are eligible.

Regards,
Rex Brooks,
OASIS HumanMarkup TC Secretary

6:08 PM +0100 9/12/01, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>  > Might someone say where the Sept 17th meeting will
>>  be held at?
>
>It will be held on a teleconference bridge. The exact details are yet to be
>announced (I urge the TC members organizing it to be as swift as possible;
>the earlier the details are announced, the more likely it will be for
>people to attend the call).
>
>Cheers,
>
>--
>Kindest Regards,