Subject: RE: RDF In XSD [was: Re: HM.Requirement: authority]

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sean B. Palmer

	<Ranjeeth>
	> RDF is used to annotate XML documents, but has it also
	> been used for annotating XML Schemas themselves?
	</Ranjeeth>

	<SBP>
	Not regularly, because there is no generally agreed upon
mechanism for
	doing so. Note that no one is actually looking at the problem,
although
	some groups are chartered to do so.
	</SBP>

	We've seen XSD elements used along with RDF(S)/DAML+OIL
(actually, i think I spotted this on the DAML website), to combine
schemata of both syntax and meaning, so this will probably find it's way
to the requierments list as a basic feature of HumanML. Maybe this could
even work with XHTML m12n as well as with "custom" XML vocabularies, but
the point is implementors will love the ability of building a tight
framework for their environment, by attaching HumanML semantics into
their "proprietery" vocabulary.

	I'm not sure, but XSD elements should be easily inserted without
breaking the RDF model. The main point is, how one can pass the right
information to the right application; in this case for example, we might
want to check our XSD datatypes against the database field datatypes.

	Kindest regards,
	Manos