Subject: Re: HumanMarkup Introductions

BACKGROUND
I studied Geology in Marseille (France). Afterwards I had my own enterprise in France for 8 years. I'm professionally active in the ICT since 1987 giving answer to a natural call in the mid 70's (remember the perforated cards?). Actually I'm active as a consultant knowledge management at TNO. My particular interest is focused on the practical applications of the semantic web technologies.

GENERAL INTERESTS
In any order: ICT, living creatures, geology, ecology, astronomy, robotics, …

INTERESTS RELATING TO HUMANMARKUP TC
One of the domains of interest not cited above is Communication. One of the things semantic web technologies can enable is a better communication in the Human-Machine-Human chain. HML will be one of the essential parts in this item.

Occasionally I will contribute to this maillist as themes appear in which my viewpoints might be of interest.

Ronald Poell

Links:
Notion System:
http://www.notionsystem.com
Basics and vision on semantic web evolution: Presentation at the
Knowledge Technology Conference, Austin Texas, March 2001
http://www2.gca.org/knowledgetechnologies/2001/proceedings/technical.asp
R.A. Poell in Notion System:
http://users.raketnet.nl/rapoell/NSWebSite/Standard/Public/6A6A7269/6A6A707A/23686F6D/61616167.htm

--