Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Diplomatic Communication Topics

http://www.firedocs.com/carey/asif.html

That is an article on reification and personal reality constructs.  This is a pretty good
summary of the use of filters in language.   Note the references to virtual
reality.  These are a bit strained so let's not make that mistake when
talking about abstractions such as a "virtual embassy".  That is exactly
how we got in trouble earlier.  I met Leary and my impression was
his essential skill was salesmanship, not technology.

HumanML is nothing more and nothing less than a system by which
users can create and agree to the constructs through which they will
interprets signs, symbols, and signals etc within a context of
communicating entities.  As such, it is itself, a set of signs,
symbols, and signals and  subject to the same traps of
internalization and mistakes of believing the word is the thing.

Don't confuse convenient abstractions for manipulating objects
with the objects.

len