Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] As If Article and thoughts about attrac tingattention to our cause

I suppose one could have said it is a way of recording
interpretations for automating interpretants, but that
would make their eyes glaze over.  It is good to know
precisely why one is drawing attention to oneself, then
to choose the signs, symbols, and signals appropriate
for the task.  Otherwise, it's hard to know when one
is doing comedy vs tragedy and it is fatal to confuse
these in a performance.

"Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood." - The Animals

What did the reporter think it was to be used for?  That
is interesting information to have.

len