Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-artifact

That should be the way this works.   The primary schema has a set
of base or abstract types.   The secondary schemas should contain
derivations of these (the primary is a weak ontology) and code
lists (enumerations for selection).  For a set of observable
properties, that should work.   The draft that is there contains
types drawn mostly from semiotics literature and a bit from
our work in master name index based relational data.  It is a
draft precisely because it is incomplete and we have to come
to consensus on the primary definitions or everything past this
is just gray goo.

I am a bit leery of doing anything complex in the primary because
in the secondary applications, implementation issues will begin
to dominate (eg, object-oriented, relational, AI inference engines,
etc.) and then yes, it becomes even more artificial because constrained
both by the concepts that dominate the secondaries and the need to
get them into some kind of computing application.  So I resist
introducing the implementation concepts at that level.

Given that the primary is a classification artifact,
we may find we want to come back and put RDF in at that level or
at least be sure a precise analog exists and then decide later
which is the record of authority for the definitions.

BTW:  from day 0, I've insisted that what we are producing
is a stereotyping model, artificial from jump, not a means
to recreate humans.  As with any tool, useful insofar as
it produces reliable and mostly predictable results, but not
to be considered a means to iconize human behavior, the ultimate
open system.

len