Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-channel

Len, Rob and Rex, (humanmarkup-comment)

In my group's work we are looking at something interesting.  It is the
invariance (patterns of occurrence and co-occurrence) in log files from
Intrusion Detection Systems.  The idea is that these log files can be
convolved by some frame (with slots and fillers) that picks up a part of a
pattern that indicates one of say 301 event types.. (with the possibility
that a new event may also occur.)  We hope to establish a connection between
the algorithmic convolution and the actual fashion that the cortical layers
of the human perception system work.

A second application of the same methodology is used in text understand and
image understanding.

This process is COMPLETELY in the data space. The events themselves are in
the data space.

What is not in the data space is the human interaction for information
produced from the "synthetic perception" of these data space events.  What I
am looking for is two things:

1) a process of encoding the event descriptions and relationships into Topic
Maps

2) a process of understanding the human analysis and dissemination -
including a process that will help the intelligence vetting avoid natural
tendencies that lead to false senseMaking.

the strategy is that by adopting a tri-level architecture (based on relative
stratified complexity and the biological model of intelligence) we develop
an agile perceptional system, and a cognitive repository.

What I hope to see from the human markup committee is a notational language
or process methodology that allows me to not only explain human information
interaction, but to simulate human information interaction as part of the
NIMA work.

http://www.ontologystream.com/cA/papers/cA-SPS.htm