Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] relevant ascription not experiencing

linguificatiom of concept(s) -> word based ascription

enumeration points in a line, integers on the real number line

URI#, addresses are discrete, not able to directly address the continua
between the integers. A mapper
transformation is necessary to handle occaisions of non-single and
continuous domain spaces. The intent
behind the material was to use it as 'XTM subject indicators' in proper XTM
manner in my conference papers.
Because they are DAML XML this means that all EXISTING XML tools can use
this information (such as it is),
without any new technology having to be invented. This is seen as pragmatic.

The posted XML SVG code can be generated by XSLT and may have ECMASCRIPT and
PYTHON to provide
interactivity.

The addressing resolution of XPATH, XML is URI#. This meansthat discrete
'ID's "addresses" must be used , again
necessitating the use of explicit enumeration. In the case of my prior
conference paper the represented entities in
the SVG animation had multiple references to my HML 'controlled vocabulary'
thereby addressing a 'more than one'
emotional/intentional/etc "condition".

In my book WROX Professional Meta Data I showed code which used the
controlled vocabulary approach but ALSO
showed how to address coverage of the domain content *between* the integers.
My book was published in July
2001.

As I have previously mentioned in this forum I am doing some R & D using a
slightly modified graph DTD (XTM for
example) which allows my application so as to "parameterize" the 'external',
refernced voabulary.

For example, by virtue of this parameterization, one can represent in the
computer program the ascription
"internalemotion.emotion#very happy", ie DEPICTING (via reference) the
*ascripted* state of being very happy.*1
I will be posting a "vocabulary in progress" [dhml] with terms for this
parameterization exercise. I can also post some code examples of how my book
dealt with covering the space bewteen the integers.

Now please notice I used the term 'ascription' and 'DEPICTING'. These are
references to bytes in computer
memory they are not experiences or emotions. They are the 'tea" in a
photograph of a cup of tea, this tea cannot be imbibed.

It may be that KT aspires to harness representations which are so covering
in their depictions so as to be like
a colour holographic movie of a steaming cup of tea. However convincing to
the visual senses one cannot drink tea from that cup.

The 'enumerated list' of explicit ID handlers (such as 'happy') is of course
unsatisfying to most humans as it doesnt
represent (nor capture, I would add) the 'feeling' of these things , nor
their 'breadth' (in the sense of human
experience).  believe I wrote some about that aspect not being present in
the system presented in my previous
conference paper. What is desired in the operation of tha tprogram is that
adequate ascription be made not that
the program actually feel or expereince.

One of the next steps in the evolution of that system is to deal explicitly
with the antecedent information and  / or
events which determine which of the referents to use and when . rather than
being just selective the antecedence
has an opportunity to be generative.

*1 similarly, and with equal weighting (or rapture :) ), the ascription
'third in line' could be substituted and there would be no difference to the
machine.

When antecedent events are part of the system ten there would be a distinct
difference, because then the
identities (IDs) comprising the antecedence are different.

The enumeration of the antecedence constituency provides the identification
of the context1. Such contexts are
protean to the details which lead to the relevant ascription. Context1 was
described in a posting last year.

David Dodds