Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema - locator

Here is an example of a data dictionary that has a
geolocator system.

http://www.chin.gc.ca/Artefacts/RULA/e_sample.html

Consider that you might get to such a site and then
have to identify the locations of artifacts according
to a local coordinate grid whose root is a geolocator
but the rest of the grid is some set of xy or other
location names.  For example, when describing the
positions of artifacts, geological strata are used
to date the artifact (the lower the layer, the
older the artifact).  This works ok until one begins
to dig in caves where higher and lower quit having
the same correlation.

We see in this sort of thing in
public safety when one describes a road intersection,
or some location relative to a named location.

If we are strictly sticking to our charter, a locator
has to have an effect on human communication for it
to be in our scope.  I can make up some cases for that,
but not today.

len