Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Re: Signs, Referents and Semiote

Title: Re: Signs, Referents and Semiote
Referrant/Referent (spelling?)  came up in the September telecon and we added it to list of new elements.

If we think it is best to use it as an enumeration, derivation, extension or refinement of sign, along with signifier and signified, then it should be in the Secondary Base Schema, and I leave it to the list to inform me of how that should be handled. If these need to be treated similarly to or differently than each other, I am equally sanguine with it.

How's that for punting?