Subject: [huml-comment] RE: Apartment Clerk Informal Scenario

Len, thank you for this.

I think there is value in continuing to explore this scenario.  I need to
move on to other work and I am looking at what could be done simply here to
provide a contribution to the Human ML effort.

My first thoughts are to layer things, as you put out.

1.  Take this example (even though it seems far-fetched in the present) into
a future "likely story."  Assume that there is some sort of appliance (maybe
even an ear piece) used by the clerk.  Simplify the idea of the technology
and consider that an electronic advisor is actually used.

2.  Look at the layers between this likely-story situation and the nature of
the application and where the database or knowledge base that is drawn on
comes into it.

3.  Look for what is essential about HML being used down there, and how is
it used and by whom.

That is, we are navigating some layers of abstraction to get to how HML at
(3) [what is in some sense the likely direct use, as a plausible story] is
"worked" to contribute to the situation at (1) and exactly what is the gain.

One key question I then have is what is the point and purpose and value of
interoperability at that level?

I don't know when I can have more than that to say.  It's my thinking at the
moment.

-- Dennis