Subject: [huml-comment] Re: Fwd: gait characterization research Re: walk

I reviewed article, and discovered most links to researchers web sites
were broken, and among other things, the BBC news goofed on name of
Southampton researcher, (Mark Nixon, not Mark Dixon) so I checked the
institutions' web sites and found the following:.
Main researchers are
Aaron Bobick, Georgia Tech;  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~afb/
Gait Research at ISIS, U. of Southampton;
http://www.isis.ecs.soton.ac.uk/image/gait/
Also, not so long ago, there was a TV documentary on "walking with
Prehistoric Beasts, including a short segment on animation of hominids
walking, based on fossil skeletal evidence of australopithecines,  homo
habilis, homo erectus, and that research was also conducted in UK,but I
don't recall specifics at this time.  lots of other gait research
underway at various institutions, just type in following keywords,
hominid and gait in any search engine.

--
From the Desk of James E. Landrum III
Database Manager