Subject: Re: [huml] A BAA and Application of HumanML

Title: Re: [huml] A BAA and Application of HumanML
I looked at this briefly, and concurred with the consensus of James and Rob that the deadline makes this less desireable as a target. Also, my overview indicates that this is more a knowledge management issue that would then feed data to a heuristic program--which would only be part of a functional solution to the problem space Len conceived.

"...
Functionally, the LifeLog (sub)system consists of three components: data capture and storage, representation and abstraction, and data access and user interface.  LifeLog accepts as input a number of raw physical and transactional data streams.  Through inference and reasoning..."

Through inference and reasoning? I don't think so.. I would rephrase this: "Through parameter comparison, model similarities, outcome comparisons and control group comparisons, probabilistic conclusions can be drawn and decision tree branches can be constructed with data inputs to offer decision point options with probabilities for projected outcomes provided."

Asking for 'x is to y as u is to v, or as r will be to s, if or when...' conditional inference reasoning assumes explicit control over physical data and conceptual definition which, even with good fuzzy logic, (to which I personally do not subscribe) will fall prey to linguistic variability at the least, and inconsistent data due to aspect alone.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I don't think we could do it in slightly less than 3 weeks.