Subject: Re: [id-cloud] Why we were born

Hmm - that complicates matters.

Here's the thing: if you make any changes to a draft after a public
review, even changes as minor as this, then the document has to be put
out for another round of review before you can vote to move it from
CND to Committee Note status. Discussions are underway about seeing if
we can ease that requirement, however I have to manage to the rules as
they stand and section 3.2, Public Review of a Committee Draft is
unambiguous: "If any changes are made to the draft after the public
review, whether as a result of public review comments or from TC
Member input, then the TC must conduct another review cycle. The draft
may not be considered for approval by the TC as a Committee
Specification or Committee Note until it has undergone a review cycle
during which it has received no comments that result in any changes."

So the options are that the TC can approve the last publicly reviewed
CND to be put up for ballot as a Committee Note or submit this version
for another 15 day PR cycle.

Also, just to help ensure things go as smoothly as possible, when you
approve a draft for an action in your meeting, I need to have the link
to the document in Kavi that the TC is approving in the minutes and
that same link provided in the ticket to TC Admin requesting the
support. That ensures that we can always connect the dots, should we
be asked, between the artifact that the TC approved and the one that
TC Admin formally publishes in the OASIS Library. Motion language like
this:

"Do the members of the TC approve ID-Cloud Use Cases WD02 (contained
in http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/id-cloud/document.php?document_id=45416)
as a Committee Note Draft and further approve it be released for
public review?"

... in your minutes suits the need just fine.

If it would be helpful, I would be happy to dial in to one of your
meetings or call you separately and walk through the process step by
step. I realize that there is a learning curve here and I'd like to
help get through it in any way I can.

Let me know if you have any questions about this or want to talk about
next steps further.

Best,

/chet