ihc message

Subject: RE: Plumtree Presentation to xmlCoP?

Title: RE: Plumtree Presentation to xmlCoP?
Hi Owen, Ross,

I will attempt to attend the January 10 BCM meeting to liaise for HumanML and for the International Health Continuum (IHC) TC, especially because the two fellows I met from DFAS at XML2004 were at the BCM/IHC combined face to face meeting, and I have some specific information to pass along concerning one side of the UML toolset we are testing in the IHC TC, (GEFEG's EDIFIX 5.5) to provide testable implementation code from a UML modelling tool to application level testing. I am still waiting to hear from the IBM member of IHC to that TC about whether or not the appropriate tool from the new configuration of Rational tools slated for release in January--to do the modeling itself--will be made available to us. This could significantly reduce the time to develop XSDs AND test them for viability. This will be essential to harmonizing existent vocabularies, and combinations of vocabularies from desparate sources that will need to be used together in different parts of a composite-able application.

I know that sounds complicated but it just boils down to testing vocabularies and combinations oocabularies before recommending them for use in a specification.

Ciao,
Rex

At 8:23 PM -0500 12/16/04, Owen_Ambur@ios.doi.gov wrote:
Ross, the number that Mark Robbins has provided for the xmlCoP meeting tomorrow is 800-320-4330 and the pass code is 288142

For our telecon on December 22, my direct voice line is 202-208-5439

It looks like I'll be participating in the OASIS BCM TC telecon on January 10 to discuss prospects for engaging them in specification of an XSD for strategic plans.  To the degree that <Stakeholder> is one of the elements of strategic plans, I hope we can leverage any expertise the HumanML TC may have to share on that and related elements and attributes.

Owen

-----"Ross Fubini" <Ross.Fubini@plumtree.com> wrote: -----

To: Owen Ambur/PIR/OS/DOI@DOI
From: "Ross Fubini" <Ross.Fubini@plumtree.com>
Date: 12/16/2004 07:30PM
cc: "Peter Walsh" <Peter.Walsh@plumtree.com>, "Rex Brooks" <rexb@starbourne.com>

Hi Owen,

Thank you for the offer to attend the meeting on Friday.  I'd like to
dial into the 10:30pm part of the presentation to get a sense for what
content is most useful for the group.  Could you send me the dial in
information?

The follow up discussion on December 22nd, at 2pmEST/11amPST sounds
ideal. Pete Walsh is expert in our public sector deployments and is
going to join us in the call.  Can you send me your contact number?

ross