imi message

Subject: IMI TC Minutes, Feb 4th

1. Call to order/roll call

Scott Cantor Internet2

Marc Goodner Microsoft Corporation

Anthony Nadalin Microsoft Corporation

Dale Olds Novell*

Drummond Reed XDI.ORG*

Lost voting status

John Bradley Individual

Gained voting status

None

2. Approve minutes from previous call

Jan 7th minutes

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/imi/201001/msg00009.html

Jan 21st minutes

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/imi/201001/msg00010.html

3. Documents

SAML 2.0 token profile

Current draft:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36220/imi-saml2.0-profile-ed-06.pdf

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36219/imi-saml2.0-profile-ed-06.doc

SAML 1.1 token profile

Current draft:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36218/imi-saml1.1-profile-ed-03.pdf

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36217/imi-saml1.1-profile-ed-03.doc

Suggestion to keep these documents together in advancement for publication.

Motion: To approve the SAML 1.1 and SAML 2.0 token profiles to Committee Draft

Approved

Motion: Approve the SAML 1.1 and SAML 2.0 token Committee Drafts for Public Review

Approved

Editors to product updated docs with updated status information.

Action on chairs to contact OASIS staff to initiate Public Review when documents are ready.

4. Issues

Marc to create new issues to for 1.1 from below threads

imageref

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/imi/201001/msg00006.html

RP metadata

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/imi/201001/msg00008.html

IMI-33 Published identity-1.0-os.xsd inconsistent with spec

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/IMI-33

Information card schema does not match the spec, the spec carefully set optionality including in schema fragments

Agreement to accept for errata, will need to hold until we determine time to approve and publish errata for review.

Question regarding precedence order between spec and schema with current OASIS rules. We had a discussion regarding what’s proper in terms of precedence order between spec and schema that touched on a number of examples where this has happened before, no consensus was reached.

We need to determine if IM 1.0 was approved prior to new OASIS rules governing schema and spec precedence, fairly certain it was as rules defining precedence order are in the spec. General agreement for an errata we can make this change. We are not sure about publishing mechanism for any updated schema related to an errata, will require coordination with OASIS staff. The SX TC also has errata with schema changes that should make it to approved errata ahead of IMI, so we can learn from what happens there.

Marc to provide examples of errata documents to editors that show documentation of schema changes.

5. Interop demo at RSA

Weekly calls Monday 1-2PST

Lists established for participants

Basic scenarios defined

Friday the 19th dry run, last call on the 22nd

3 RPs, 4 or 5 IdPs, 2 Selectors (maybe 1 more)

6. Other business

Next call is Feb 18th

If there isn’t discussion on issues in advance of call and no problems with starting public review we may cancel.

7. Adjournment