Subject: RE: [kmip] Groups - KMIP v.1.1 Proposal for Changing Data Type of Certificate Attribute Related Fields from Text Strings to Byte Strings uploaded

I had an action from yesterday's (Oct 13th) OASIS KMIP TC meeting to propose new names for the Certificate Identifier, Certificate Issuer and Certificate Subject attributes.  These are the certificate related attributes that include fields which we'd like to change the data type from text string to byte string in KMIP v1.1.

Below is a mapping of the old to new name:

V1.0 Attribute Name

Proposed V1.1 Attribute Name

Certificate Identifier

Certificate Identifier Revised

Certificate Issuer

Certificate Issuer Revised

Certificate Subject

Certificate Subject Revised

I've gone with the term 'revised' since it implies we have made changes to these attributes but the term doesn't need to be paired with a number like 'revision' or 'version'

For anyone interested in seeing how the changes affect the previous proposal or change the KMIP specification please see the attached 'revised' version of the proposal.

I'll hold off on submitting this revision to the OASIS site until folks have had time to comment on these attribute name selections.

Judy