legalcitem-technical message

Subject: ELI Presentation on 4th June

Hi everyone,

A quick question: How would you like me to deliver the presentation on ELI on 4th June? The easiest (most low-tech) thing for me to do is to talk through the details on the regular conference call with the accompaniment of some slides that I will send round beforehand so you can have what I'm describing in front of you. Is this ok for everyone?

I am open to suggestions of other presentation methods however they come with the caveat that as I work in a government department there are a lot of IT security restrictions that I have to negotiate. Basically all webmail and social media (facebook, Google+, skype…), multimedia (audio, flash…), document/screen sharing (prezi, google drive, webex…) are blocked for security reasons. I'm quite surprised that the OASIS chat room is allowed as most chat rooms and discussion boards are not  – essentially if it's fun or useful it's blocked! I can get around this by using a stand-alone computer connecting to non-corporate network but this takes a little advance planning to ensure I'm able to be in the right place with the right equipment.

Many thanks,

Catherine

Catherine Tabone

Data Manager

Legislation Services

The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU

+44 (
0)20 8392 5330 ext. 2233
catherine.tabone@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk

www.legislation.gov.uk | www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.