legalruleml message

Subject: Temporal legal parameter - one possible first vision

Dear all,

in order to make some progress in the common vision about the temporal legal parameters, please find in attachment a very preliminary and rough document 2.4temporal.001.

Because I would appreciate very much to present the legal temporal part in the LegalRuleML Tutorial in RuleML2012, I have thought to provide some more inputs to all the TC in order to have time for the common discussion.

I really appreciate Tara's comments for refining this document, according with the metamodel/RDF already approved.

Please also in attachment a set of rules and a set of Akoma Ntoso documents (Akoma Ntoso mono-versioning method: one file one version) that we have modeled for our Challenge tool(s). They are about the sec. 504, title 17, US Code. Six versions of the same sec.504 occurred over time.
Please don't take in care about the lrml syntax, we will change when it will be fixed. It is a great goal to have the same set of rules in the correct syntax for the RuelML2012 tutorial.
The main important message of this homework is to demonstrate how to use legal rules, legal text provisions and legal temporal information for temporal reasoning-

We will present in RuleML2012 three  tools integrated together that foster the attached material:
- web editor for marking up Akoma and LegalRuleML using the isomorphism principle ;
http://sinatra.cirsfid.unibo.it/ruleviewer/
- viewer for passing from text to rules, and vice versa, according with a particular temporal view in order to coordinate the changes over time; http://sinatra.cirsfid.unibo.it/rawe/
- reasoner based on Drools: given a fact occurred in a time tx we can provide the fee to pay for repairing the infringement of the copyright and to connect the textual provisions of the Act for demonstrating the outcome of the reasoner.

Yours,
Monica

--
Associate professor of Legal Informatics