Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] Party or Actor

Either way, these tags are just for transmission of data between
systems, not presentation to the user.  Whatever any CMS chooses to term
the field data to their users is what they display to the user.  XML
Tags are just for the techies to know which fields to place all the
database data into that is being transmitted.

Allen Jensen
Internet / E-Filing Development
Orange County Superior Court
(949) 476-4984

>>> John Messing <jmessing@law-on-line.com> 09/22/02 10:21PM >>>
I prefer exactly the opposite. I would like to see developed a Party
object and a non-Party object. The first could include persons, property
(for American practice involving in rem and forfeiture actions), and
entities. The second could include witnesses, lawyers, judges, staff,
victims, etc.

Usually judges are interested first in who is and who is not a litigant
before the Court. Basic treatment and consideration is based upon this
distinction. The objects should be crafted accordingly.

Another equivalent term could be litigants and non-litigants.

Regards.

From: "Taylor, Steven (CAA)" <Steven.Taylor@courts.sa.gov.au>
Date:  Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:38:01 +0930

>John,
>
>I would prefer to keep away from the name Party as it has a specific
use in
>the "Party to a Case', ie the plaintiff and defendant. I thought that
Actor