Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] JXDDS Person Object

Greetings,

I still prefer the Actor/Role model.  I do not agree that "Actor" should be replaced by "Party" or
"Participant" for the exact reason proponents of the change seem to suggest - that "actor" is not
clear.  The actor can be a person or organization. In a case, an actor may be a party, participant
or may have some other role.  For example, the superior court files the "trial court record" of
the case to the Court of Appeals or a court reporter files a transcript.  The organization
(superior court) and the person (court reporter) in this case are not parties and I hesitate to
even call them "participants" but they have a role to play - document providers. In public access
a journalist or media organization may submit a request for info on a case or cases.  We know
these are not parties but are they "participants"? To summarize: I prefer the actor object which
may contain with it a person or organization objects with roles as party or participant or
something else. thanks,

Mohyeddin