Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] Goals for ECF 2.0 Specification

Is this a suggestion to consolidate the envelope and the what we have been calling the documentContent into a single document?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 3:01 PM

At the face to face in Boston, we agreed to begin aggressively developing the 2.0 specification.  We identified the following general goals for the 2.0 version:

Implement the W3C Schema standard
Incorporate a sophisticated W3C-approved or otherwise open messaging standard
Incorporate elements from the Justice XML Data Dictionary Schema
Incorporate XML documents and forms within the Court Filing Schema
Ensure document integrity and authentication
Incorporate all lessons learned from test implementations of the 1.0 and 1.1 specifications
Incorporate Court Filing Policy

Do we have additional goals for the 2.0 version of the Electronic Court Filing specification?  Have the operational requirements changed from the 1.0 version, or are we merely intending to meet the same requirements more completely?  Is one of our goals to replace all of the "placeholders" in the 1.0 and 1.1 versions?  Do we intend to incorporate Query & Response within the Court Filing 2.0 specification?  Can you suggest specific requirements that were not included in the 1.0 or 1.1 specification?

Please provide your comments by October 21.

Thank you for your participation.

Greacen Associates, LLC.
18 Fairly Road
Santa Fe, NM  87507