Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Tentative Agenda for DC face to face meeting

John, thanks for the agenda,
Look forward to productive meeting discussions..

Mr. Greenwood is indeed a special guest ... however he plans only to attend the Friday meeting as an observer not a participant.. and his  actual attendance at the meeting(s) depends on his schedule.

Since the meeting is being held in DC i am copying some DOJ colleagues that i know have an interest in OASIS activities... I am hoping that one or more of them can attend parts of these meetings, if not both of them.

for myself i am frantically working on my presentation to the committee...will there be a projector available?.. i will bring my laptop?

 in the that context i would like to add an agenda item to revisit the final "fate" of the currently dormant Court Document subcommittee...
this topic ties into the work of the  Legal XML Steering Committee .. will Roger be providing a liaison report that might lead us to some decision point about placement of court document? at the meetings?

thanks for placing me on the agenda  see you later this week... diane

-----Original Message-----
From: john@greacen.net [mailto:john@greacen.net]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 5:43 AM
To: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Tentative Agenda for DC face to face
meeting

The Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee will be meeting on
Friday and Saturday, July 18 and July 19, 2003 at the Omni Shoreham
Hotel in Washington, DC.  Here is a tentative agenda for the meeting.
Please let me know of issues or concerns that I have overlooked.

Meeting space has been reserved for subcommittee meetings from 1:00 pm -
9:00 pm on Thursday, July 17th in the Empire Ballroom.  Dwight Daniels
and Dallas Powell should inform the list whether they are planning to
hold meetings of their subcommittees during that time slot.

The Technical Committee face to face meetings will be held as follows:

            Friday, 7/18 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm - Executive Room

            Saturday, 7/19 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm - Executive Room

We will hold two conference calls for TC members who are unable to
participate in the face to face in person.  The calls will be at 4:00 pm
EDT on Friday and 1:00 pm EDT on Saturday.  The information on the
conference calls is as follows:

Leader's Name:                John Greacen

> Day/Date:                   Friday, July 18, 2003

> Time of call:               16:00 to 17:00pm EDT

> Conference Dial-in:         512-225-3050

> Conference Guest Code:      84759#

> Number of lines needed:     Anticipated Total = 20

> Duration of the call:       1 Hour

> Leader's Phone Number:      505-780-1450

Leader's Name:                John Greacen

> Day/Date:                   Saturday, July 19, 2003

> Time of call:               1300 to 1400 EDT

> Conference Dial-in:         512-225-3050

> Conference Guest Code:      84759#

> Number of lines needed:     Anticipated Total = 20

> Duration of the call:       1 Hour

> Leader's Phone Number:      505-780-1450

Our agenda will include the following topics.  Two of them are scheduled
for specific times.  Diane Lewis's presentation is scheduled from 10:00
to 11:30 am on Friday morning.  Dr. Leff's interim report on the
Protection Order project will be on Saturday morning.  Persons who are
not present in person at the meeting may make their reports during one
of the two conference calls.  In particular, Robin Gibson will not be
present in DC; therefore her involvement in the discussion of the JXDD
3.0 will have to occur during the conference calls.

Review of the agenda for additional items or concerns

Report from the Legal XML Member Section Steering Committee - Roger
Winters

Use of the KAVI voting process for TC decision making - Dr. Laurence
Leff

Report on the Implementation Policy Statement - Mary McQueen

Presentation on US Department of Justice XML initiatives and
requirements - Diane Lewis (special guest, Michael Greenwood,
Administrative Office of the United States Courts)

Subcommittee reports

Efiling Process Models - Dwight Daniels

Layered Interoperability - Dallas Powell

Status reports

            OXCI - Greg Arnold

            California 2GEFS project - Christopher Smith

            Liaison reports - Diane Lewis, Dr. Laurence Leff, John
Messing, Toby Brown

Report on the JXDD 3.0 effort and our comments to GTRI - Robin Gibson

National Center for State Courts JXDD 3.0 implementation effort plans -
Robin Gibson and Mary McQueen

Discussion of the relationship of the ECF 1.1 specification to the JXDD
3.0 data model - Catherine Krause  (Catherine's request that this matter
be added to the agenda included the following discussion:

1) It would help the TC (as a whole or as individual members) provide
meaningful feedback on the data dictionary.  I personally have attempted
to review it, but could not determine if the data elements in ECF 1.1
were in the v3.0 justice data dictionary or not.  I believe they are
probably covered, due to the participation by members of our TC, and
their descriptions of the process that was used.  But, without more
detail as to how ECF 1.1 was incorporated, I could not make this
determination for myself.  I suspect others in the TC are finding the
same thing.

2) For those TC members who already have an ECF 1.1 implementation
(Tybera, for example), and for those who are about to start working on
one (King County, for example), we will at some point want a "mapping"
between ECF 1.1 and the v3.0 justice data dictionary, which will be
incorporated into ECF "blue."  I think we should do this mapping in a
standard way (rather than having each of us with an implementation try
to do it ourselves), and it would be good for the TC to discuss how and
when we want to do this.  If such a mapping exists, or was started as
part of the v3.0 justice data dictionary development effort, it would be
helpful for us to be presented information about the current status and
how we could build on it.)

Interim progress report on XML encoding of Domestic Violence Petitions
and Orders - Dr. Laurence Leff

Nebraska's draft Efiling Policy specification - Khalil Thotti and Don
Bergeron

I look forward to active involvement in the face to face and in its
conference calls.

HCR 78, Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164