Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] draft minutes of 1-6-04 conference call

I agree with John's statements.  I think that if anything we must conform to
w3 standard.  My idea was to narrow what we use from the standard, for
example not going to the element level, and thus simplify what we are asking
for.

Dallas

----- Original Message -----
From: "jmessing" <jmessing@law-on-line.com>
To: "Electronic Court Filing Technical Committeee"
<legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org>; "John Greacen"
<john@greacen.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 7:42 AM

> Just one comment on the attachment to the draft minutes, where it talks
about encryption, and the notation in the draft minutes that encryption can
get "ugly", presumbably because of non-standard ways of encryption.

> XML ENC is a w3 standard that enables the selective encryption of nodes of
an xml document. The XML ENC standard establishes how to do the encryption,
similarly to how XML DSIG establishes how to digitally sign elements in an
XML document or message. To
>  the extent that subject matter in a LegalXML envelope needs to be
encrypted, such as credit card numbers or SSN's, then XML ENC already sets
forth in a standard way how to do this. There should be no need for "Blue"
to develop another method, if that i
> s the concern.

> From: "John Greacen" <john@greacen.net>
> Date:  Sun, 1 Feb 2004 04:35:29 -0700
>
> >Attached please find the draft minutes of our last teleconference.
> >Please post any comments or corrections to the list.  It may also be
> >helpful for Dallas to post a revised definitional document,
> >incorporating the last discussion, sufficiently in advance of the
> >2-10-04 conference call for TC members to post further comments to the
> >list prior to the conference call.
> >

> >John M. Greacen
> >
> >Greacen Associates, LLC
> >
> >HCR 78, Box 23