Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Case Initiation Elements

John, you ask:

"Dallas, Shane, Don, Jim Beard, Shogan Naidoo, Robert DePhillips and
other implementers - do we need to include this information in Court
Filing Blue or can we create a structure that posits its appearance in
some part of the Court Filing Blue message that is not defined in Blue?"

Admittedly, this is a difficult subject in of itself, let alone trying
to address within the limited timeframe we have.  This is a hard problem
to solve, basically trying to incorporate additional and unique data
elements back into a standard schema if you will.  In our
implementations (LegalXML 1.1, BearingPoint and 2GEFS), each takes a
different tact even if just to ignore the problem.  In short, 2GEFS and
the Schema Framework seems to handle this best, at least from my
business perspective.  Two California courts currently allow initial
filings and each only allows a single case type, one complex litigation
and the other unlawful detainer (landlord-tenant).  The Schema Framework
allows courts to specify their unique case initiation elements depending
on case type which then get folded into their court policy instance
document(s).

I probably didn't answer your question directly John and I don't know if
I could.

Hope this is of some help to the group.

Robert T. DeFilippis
One Legal, Inc.