Subject: code lists

To members of the ECF TC:

Please find attached a memo summarizing my analysis of the code list issues we discussed at the last TC meeting.  As a result of this analysis, Jim Cabral and I are recommending adoption of the genericode specification for expressing code lists in ECF.  Please review and respond with any questions or concerns you may have.  Given time constraints on getting ECF 4 work completed, we would like your feedback before the next regularly scheduled TC conference call (January 8), so that we may bring the matter to closure during that call.

Regards,

Jim

James M. Harris

National Center for State Courts