Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] 2010 Budget Process

Not sure if anyone has responded to this or not, but thought I’d chime in.

I’m 100% on board with all the ideas Eric listed below, and have been mulling this over this morning trying to think of other ideas to help promote ECF, and am drawing a blank. The one thing I keep coming back to is having a more interactive web site where potential implementers could go to not only view and download materials, but participate in discussion forums, or read blog posts submitted by implementers or TC members.

That said, I don’t think something like this necessarily requires a budget request if a TC member took on the task of setting this up. I’d love to do it myself, but a task such as this inevitably falls to the bottom of the priority list as I try to keep up with current business.

On the other hand, if we REALLY want to make it happen, we could submit a budget request to hire a web developer design something and get a site set up. This of course still requires a TC member work with that person to create the site and seed it with content.

The ECFForum.net site I set up some time ago is just a basic forums application, and doesn’t really present the idea like I’ve suggested above. I’m thinking something more similar to the kind of sites created when groups are promoting OpenSource products like DotNetNuke, or WordPress.

My suspicion is that while I think having this kind of site would be ideal, probably too late to hash out a discussion on whether or not to make any kind of budget request for it. Nonetheless, I just thought I’d throw it out there.

George W. Knecht

PC Intellect LLC

602.380.8049