Subject: Groups - Action Item "ECF 4.01 - WDL soapAction" Modified

Action Item Subject: ECF 4.01 - WDL soapAction
Item Number: #0054

Description
The empty WSDL ?soapAction? is acceptable when the web service relies on simple url-based addressing. If the web service leverages WS-Addressing (WSA), however, an empty ?soapAction? will cause web service communication issues because the ?wsa:Action? element is required and cannot be empty.

Owner: Mr. James Cabral
Due Date: 11 Mar 2014

Comments
Mr. James Cabral 2014-03-10 21:54 UTC
? Update the ECF v4.0 WSDL to include a soapAction value that is unique across the service definition.
o Consider using a \\ naming syntax:
? ?urn:oasis:names:tc:legalxml-courtfiling:wsdl:WebServicesProfile-Definitions-4.0\FilingReviewMDEPort\ReviewFiling?
? Since the ECF v4.0 WS SIP references specifications, such as Reliable Messaging, that include WS-Addressing, we recommend updating the WS-I Basic Profile reference from 1.1 to a newer version (1.2 or 2.0), which includes WS-Addressing.
? If the soapAction is added to the WSDL, existing sites will need to update their service definition to use the new WSDL.