Subject: RE: ECF 5 working draft 06

Gary,

I can update the diagram once we agree on a new name for the “DocumentStampInformation” operation.  I prefer not to use “Request” and “Response” because we already use “RequestMessage” and “ResponseMessage” in the message wrappers.  Other ideas?

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532

From: Graham, Gary
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:35 AM
To: James E Cabral; legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

In regard to item 8 in the original attachment, which asked:

Why is the ‘DocumentStampInformation’ the only process that does not begin with a verb? Shouldn’t this be named “GetDocumentStampInformation”?

You responded with:

DocumentStampInformation is an asynchronous operation, so it should not begin with “Get”.

Please consider:

Okay, fair enough, if ‘Get’ implies a synchronous response, then it seems there should also be a verb that implies asynchronous response.

In Philip Baughman’s revised proposal (May 10, 2016), he provided the following sequence diagram:

In ECF 5  - Philip’s asynchronous response ‘ReturnDocumentStampInformation’ became ‘NotifyDocumentStampInformation’.

So if Philip’s ‘GetDocumentStampInformation’ cannot begin with the verb ‘Get’ because this implies a synchronous response, might I suggest an alternative verb, such as ‘Request’.

Also, the ECF 5 specification (wd07) does not show the asynchronous ‘NotifyDocumentStampInformation’ on the sequence diagram:

fig205314

Additionally, ServeFiling is not included in an ‘opt’ block (presumed to mean ‘optional’), but is listed as optional in the narrative above the sequence diagram, above by the absence of bold text.

Gary Graham