Subject: RE: ECF 5 working draft 7

I’ve been made aware that ecf:CaseParticipant is not present in ECF5, but I’m not finding an obvious reference to this change in either the log or your email below.  My apologies if this change is referenced and I’m just missing it, but I do not recall this as being a topic for discussion during TC meetings.

Jim

From: James E Cabral [mailto:jec@mtgmc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:43 AM
To: Price, Jim <JPrice@courts.az.gov>; Graham, Gary <GGraham@courts.az.gov>; legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

In addition, changes in the NIEM mapping and schema from ECF 4.01 to ECF 5.0 are summarized in model/niem-mapping.html. I’ll expand upon Appendix C.4 as follows to clarify.

C.4 Spreadsheet Models

A spreadsheet model was used to map the UML objects and attributes to [NIEM], [UBL] and ECF 5.0 specific types and elements.  The ECF 5.0 spreadsheet model is provided in both CSV and HTML formats.  The content of the columns in the spreadsheet are defined below:

·         The Model Class, Attribute, Multiplicity Columns originate from the UML class models.

·         The NIEM XPath, Type, Property, Base Type and Multiplicity Columns show the mapping of the UML content to NIEM 3.2 in ECF 5.0.  Properties that begin with “@” are intended to be use a reference.  Properties in parentheses are representations that substitute for the first property listed in the cell.

·         The Old XPath and Multiplicity columns show the mapping of the UML content to NIEM 2.01 in ECF 4.01.

·         The NIEM Mapping Notes column optionally show general information pertaining to the mapping to NIEM 3.2.

·         If the NIEM property refers to an element with a code list, the Code List column optionally lists the allowable codes in that code list.  The codes are separated by semicolons.  Optionally, a definition may be provided for each code by appending an “=” and the definition before the semicolon.

In addition, the HTML version, provides additional information about the NIEM mapping using color, as follows:

·         Blue text in the NIEM XPath and Multiplicity columns indicates differences in the NIEM mapping from ECF 4.01 to ECF 5.0.

·         Yellow highlighting in the NIEM Type, Property and BaseType columns indicates ECF 5.0 extensions to NIEM 3.2.

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532