Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] ENML 1.0 Demo Proposal - Western Ill. Univ. (Dr.Leff)

I am not going to be on the call for long but I feel compelled to oppose
the proposal to the extent it uses public and private keys because of
the ARCANVS patent issue. Doing a demo through OASIS could lead to
infringement of that patent and cause a violation of the IPR policy of
the organization and a potentially destructive lawsuit against it. If
the proposal was modified to use the symmetric key profile, I would not
have the same concerns. Such a public key/private key proposal outside
of the purview of the Committee and OASIS would be feasible technically,
but at the risk of the entity that developed it.