Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Groups - eNotarization TC Conference Call modified

I'm not 100% up to speed on the rules and regulations associatd w/OASIS.
Does the winning bidder retain the interllecual propery rights of the project/demo or does it fall under the OASIS interllectual propery policy?

As a vendor I've started deveopment on a product line and services centering on eNotarization. I've advanced pretty far on an internal pilot project that could be used as an ENML demo, but I would be reluctant to exposing the code.

Ken

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Groups - eNotarization TC Conference
Call modified
From: "Rolly Chambers" <rolly.chambers@penryriemann.com>
Date: Thu, June 18, 2009 10:09 am
To: "John Messing" <jmessing@law-on-line.com>
Cc: <legalxml-enotary@lists.oasis-open.org>

My understanding is that bidding out a project is not required by any
Oasis or Oasis LegalXML rule -- I believe "competitive bidding" was an
approach the Court Filing TC took because many of the members, who
worked for governmental entities, were familiar with it. I know the
eContracts TC had a consulting agreement with WIU that was not
competitively bid.

That said, if you can point us to some Oasis or Oasis LegalXML Member
Section policy or procedure that requires competitive bidding, certainly
we will follow it.

The substantive point about checking qualifications is a good one,
particularly regarding the WIU proposal for a demo of ENML 1.0 in which
the cryptographic aspects are critical. We will want to address that
issue.

Regards.

Rolly Chambers
704-424-2900