legalxml-intjustice message

Subject: [legalxml-intjustice] Development of Object Repository

Group,

I'm a new member to this list, so a brief introduction is in order.  My
name is Matthew MacKenzie, and I am a partner in a firm whose specialty
is helping public sector organizations and private sector companies to
develop products and services, with a focus on organizations delivering
justice, security, intelligence and public safety solutions.  Prior to
this, I co-founded XML Global Technologies (OTC: XMLG), a leading
provider of XML Middleware technologies.  I've been working within
OASIS and UN/CEFACT for a few years now, most notably on ebxml
registry, ebxml messaging (current technical editor) and the UN/CEFACT
eBusiness Architecture team.  I've also played a significant role in
developing a test architecture for ebXML technology within the
ebxml-iic TC.

I was reading the OASIS page on SEARCH.org today, and the term "Object
Repository" popped right out at me.  Can someone summarize the
discussions and conclusions related to this particular topic for me?
It seems to me that ebxml-registry would be an excellent technology
choice for this, and if there is agreement on this statement I would be
happy to put together a prototype using a registry available to me.

Thanks,

Matthew MacKenzie
Partner, SigmaLogic Associates
http://www.sigmalogica.com