legalxml-odr message

Subject: [legalxml-odr] RE: Online Dispute Resolution Meetings RSVP Poll(Atlanta, Seattle, San Antonio, Geneva?)

The OdrXML Technical Committee needs you to fill out a very simple meeting
planning form at:

http://www.bowie-jensen.com/mtg/index.php

In the charter we used the ABA Meeting in Seattle on Feb 7-9 as a potential
meeting site, but several other candidate have emerged where we may have
better participation. By taking the poll we can determine if we will have
enough players in Seattle or at other meeting.

1) Eighth Annual Winter Working Meeting of the American Bar Association's
Cyberspace Law Committee in Atlanta, Georgia on January 24 and 25, 2003.
http://www.abanet.org/buslaw/cyber/meetings.htmloll we can decide to have
one or more meetings for different groups.

2) ABA MidYear Meeting in Seattle and the Annual meeting in San Francisco.
The Dispute Resolution Section is listed for meetings from February 7-9 at
the Renaissance Madison hotel.

3) Dispute Resolution Section Conference in San Antonio from March 20-2
 http://www.abanet.org/dispute/conference/brochure.pdf (see key details
below)

4) UN ODR Forum in June 6-7 , 2003 in Geneva (forum to have a dialogue with
OdrXML folks from around the world.
http://www.unece.org/press/pr2002/02opa09e.htm

Please do not RSVP to the this eMail list. Just use the form. Do post other
suggestions, agenda items, additional meetings opportunities on this
discussion thread.

I'm pulling the minutes together for the kick-off call along with some
additional developments. I will circulate a draft to the attendees and then
to the whole community.

Happy New Year to all. Don't close this eMail, please. Take a minute to the
Meeting planning link. http://www.bowie-jensen.com/mtg/index.php

And look at the courses planned for March. Please note if I have missed
anything.

ABA DR Conference Course about ODR.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.abanet.org/dispute/conference/brochure.pdf

Friday March 21
10:15 - 11:45 Online Mediation: On Track or Out of Touch?
Gilbert Escudero, Irving, TX
Dave Renfro, Irving, TX
Kevin Buffington, Washington, DC
Bill McKee, Denton, TX

2:00 - 3:30
C4. Web-Empowered Partnering: Using Web-Based Communication Systems for
Conflict Management, Dispute Avoidance, and Early Resolution of Construction
Disputes
John Farnan, Pittsburgh, PA
Gerald S. Clay, Honolulu, HI

C15.  ADR in a High Tech World
Peter Michaelson, Red Bank, NJ
Sandra Franklin, Troy, MI
James Carmody, Houston, TX

D15. International Competition for Online Dispute Resolution:
Connecting Law Students Worldwide
David Larson, St. Paul, MN
Benjamin G. Davis, Fort Worth, TX
Ethan Katsh, Amherst, MA
Alan Gaitenby, Amherst, MA
Franklin G. Snyder, Fort Worth, TX
Ayesha Hassan, Paris, France

We should probably plan a dinner on Friday and a working meeting on Saturday
at the DR Section Conference.

James I. Keane
JKeane.Law.Pro
20 Esworthy Terrace
North Potomac MD 20878
301-948-4062 F: 301-947-1176 (N.B.: NEW FAX NUMBER)
www.jkeane.com <http://www.jkeane.com>

Co-Author and Annual Update Editor of Treatise: Litigation Support Systems,
An Attorney Guide 2nd
<http://www.westgroup.com/store/product.asp?product_id=16989703&catalog_name
=wgstore>   Ed. (WestGroup, 1992, updated through 2002)