materials message

Subject: MatML telecon -- voting to approve the Committee Draft

Hello Again, fellow MatML Technical Committee members,

Technical problems prevented us from meeting during the week of May 8,
so we need to schedule a meeting via telecon to vote to approve the
current MatML Schema as a Committee Draft to submit it for public review
-- so it can become a Public Review Draft.

This requires a majority vote from the voting members of our MatML
Technical Committee.

Please let me know if any of the following dates/times are
*inconvenient* for you to participate in a telecon. Participants will be
calling in to Boeing -- and instructions will follow after a convenient
time is determined.

Wednesday, May 31
Thursday, June 1
Friday, June 2
Tuesday, June 6

At either of the following times:
9 am Pacific/11 am Central/12 noon Eastern /5 pm Greenwich
Or
10 am Pacific/12 noon Central/ 1 pm Eastern / 6 pm Greenwich

FYI, here's the section of the guidelines that governs public review in
the spec standardization process.
Public Review

Before the TC can approve its Committee Draft as a Committee
Specification the TC must conduct a public review of the work. The
decision by the TC to submit the specification for public review
requires a Full Majority Vote. The Committee Draft approved to go to
review shall be called a Public Review Draft....
I know this is a bit of short notice, but I think we can move through
this vote quickly.

Please let me know if you have questions or etc.

Regards,
Sally Fahrenholz-Mann
ASM International