oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: Re: [oasis-member-discuss] ASIS review period has ended

At 06:31 AM 3/3/2006, Norman Walsh wrote:
>jamie.clark@oasis-open.org was heard to say:
>>     The member and public review period for the OASIS Technical Advisory
>> Board's draft ASIS document [1] has ended. * **
>
>I appreciate the TABs desire to place a bound on the comment period, but
>in light of the quantity and nature of the comments received, will the TAB
>please assure the members that they have no intention to make any parts of
>this document normative until such time as it appears to be better
>understood and there is broader consensus that it is an acceptable direction?
>Be seeing you, norm

     Norm:  Making something normative requires an act either by our Board
of Directors, or the staff acting within discretion provided by our rules
and the Board.   I do not think that either is likely to happen until the
considerable volume of comments we've received have been reviewed and
metabolized.  The TAB is meeting today and next week to review them, and
I'd expect some further information shortly thereafter.
     Thanks again for your thoughtful comments.
     Regards  Jamie

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org