obix-map message

Subject: FW: oBIX, WSRF, and WSN

Fyi

tc
Toby Considine      ! "There are seldom good
UNC Chapel Hill     ! technological solutions to
Chapel Hill, NC     ! behavioral problems."
Phone (919)962-9073 !
Fax (919)962-1102   !             -- Ed Crowley
tobias@fac.unc.edu  !

From: Ian Robinson [mailto:ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 3:18 PM
To: Considine, Toby (Facilities Technology Office)
Cc: d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com
Subject: RE: oBIX, WSRF, and WSN

Toby, I have pencilled you into the TC agenda for an hour before lunch
(11AM) on Thursday 3rd:

11:00am - oBIX: Introduction and discussion of scenarios (Toby Considine)
      Toby is the chair of the oBIX TC. oBIX's goal is to develop
      enterprise web services interfaces to building control systems e.g.
      HVAC, Access Control, Surveillance, Elevators, Automatic doors, . . .
      oBIX appears to have much in common with WSDM and may be able to
      leverage WS-RF directly or through WSDM. The purpose of this session
      is for Toby to introduce the technology and for an informal
      discussion on potential use of WS-RF.

Are you still happy to lead this session and does this time work OK for
you?

Regards,
Ian

             "Considine, Toby
             (Facilities
             Technology                                                 To
             Office)"                  Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB, Steve
             <Toby.Considine@f         Graham <sggraham@us.ibm.com>
             ac.unc.edu>                                                cc
                                       d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com, Heather
             13/01/2005 12:44          Kreger <kreger@us.ibm.com>, Peter
                                       Niblett/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "Vambenepe,
                                       William N" <vbp@hp.com>,
                                       winston_bumpus@dell.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: oBIX, WSRF, and WSN

I like both of your suggestions. Let's schedule something in the evening
early in the week, and whatever meets your schedule late in the week.

Thanks

Bizarrely, with such a seeming niche, it is not hard to imagine scenarios
in
which there are more oBIX ERPs than all others combined...