obix-xml message

Subject: RE: [obix-xml] oBIX 1.1 Issues

Well that seems like a nice feature.

I don't think Freebusy can tell anyone anything about the busy times.
However, it can specify a url if the entity has a public (freebusy)
calendar.  I can't get my head around whether that is something for oBIX or
is one of those standards that a product is responsible for bringing
together.

-----Original Message-----
From: Considine, Toby (Campus Services IT) [mailto:Toby.Considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:53 AM
To: 'Aaron Hansen'; obix-xml@lists.oasis-open.org

>> 9 - I don't think we need to support the other ical objects right
>> now and I don't think freebusy applies to control systems - it's
>> ok if two entities want the lights/hvac/door on.

What if I want to ask "Who left the lights on"?
What if I am trying to find out in a complex peere to peer environment whi
is initiating the interaction?

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so
regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened
for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office