obix-xml message

Subject: RE: RE: [obix-xml] oBIX 1.1 Issues

This skates close to an old notion that the integrator out to be able to set up named contracts. A named contract can then be invoked as if one had instead sent a whole collection of points. The result is a GUID that is *your* invocation of the contract.

Inviting a contract to a meeting would then be straight forward. Possibly we need  a slot in the ICAL structure to hold the GUID when it is instantiated. Would I then request the current meeting, retrieve the GUID(s) assigned, and then watch the progress of the contract (if appropriate)

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina