Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] need confirmation on ODF Camp

I had to think about this for a while, but I think the ODF
interoperability workshop could probably run in parallel to
the OpenOffice.org community meetings.

AFAIK, the key technical folks implementing ODF and working
on the ODF TC are not on any of the OpenOffice.org committees.
Thus, having an ODF interoperability workshop in parallel
to the OpenOffice.org community project meetings should
cause many conflicts.

Another option would be to run the ODF interoperability
workshop in parallel to the regular scheduled talks.
The ODF interoperability workshop should not reduce the
number of OpenOffice.org presentations.

Since, AFAIK, the plan is to have ODF presentations in
addition to the ODF interoperability workshop. On the
other hand I believe that some things can happen in
parallel to the ODF interoperability workshop in order
to make better use of everybody's time, i.e. I'm not
convinced that the ODF interoperability workshop has
to be a completely independent event with nothing
happening in parallel.

Erwin